Ripple's Free/Small Games Recommendations!
Glory be to the internet and to the industrious folk of the gaming community!!
The wide web is FILLED with tiny gems of delight in the form of....FREE GAMES!! The only problem is, you need to sort the wheat from the chaff, the dirt from the diamond. Though, I really can't call anyone's hard work "dirt", so it's more like looking for polished diamonds among less polished diamonds.
So...Let the Diamonds flow!!
[Note: these are FREE free games with no extra content for money or anything like that, no micro transactions.]
Back to Main Site
The Games below are listed as follows:
- "Game Name" by "Author": "Genre Tags"
- Game Description
- My thoughts on the game
- Game 2 etc...
- Game 3 etc...
- Leaf Me Alone by Acid Nerve: Platformer, Puzzles, Exploration, Great Aesthetic
- You play as a seed exploring a forest. A story slowly unfolds as you gain more abilities and progress through the world. There is additional content after you beat the game.
- Extremely well done. Great music and art style. The powers are simple but are fun to figure out when and how to use them. A very polished and self-contained experience.
- Roguelight by Daniel Linnsen: Platformer, Exploration, Minor Action, Simple Powerups, Atmospheric
- You play a girl with a bow who explores the darkness and fights some enemies to reach the bottom while gaining money for powerups to help you explore, fight, and see in the darkness. The game has a neat design around light and darkness where you must use your ammo, arrows, to not just fight, but are also for providing you with light, making a very valuable resource and also a challenge to choose when to use them for light, and when to use them to fight.
- I really like the idea of it and how it uses light and dark with a simple mechanic driving the game. There is also a fine amount of content with different powerups to buy and try, and a boss to try to defeat.
- Monster Clearer by adventale: Streamlined Psuedo-Rpg, Dungeon Clearing, Puzzle-like/Strategy
- A highly streamlined dungeon crawling experience. Dungeons are simply a grid of monsters which attack based on their cue in line and their own specific timers. You simply click to automatically trade damage. You must be carefully plan out what order to attack in so that you do not get attacked by multiple enemies at once. You also have a few spells and items to use. Each dungeons drops progressively better loot for you to equip. You can level up and invest points in stats, as well as in skills.
- The real draw of this game is how streamlined the experience is, yet complex enough to get a good deal of strategy in. Because it is so streamlined, the pacing is fast and makes it easy to keep playing, but the game also has its own strategies in planning out your attacks as well as in optimizing your character's build from equipment and skill points.
Back to Main Site